WCTSA are a strategic partner of the South West Institute for Teaching (SWIFT) and work with the hub to provide and signpost to high-quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and support for school improvement. WCTSA is based at Uffculme School, which acts as the lead school for our School Direct ITT programme.
- Delivery of school-led Initial Teacher Training in partnership with the University of Exeter
- Delivery partners for the SWIFT Appropriate Body Service
- Provision of high-quality CPD to staff across our Alliance delivered by both ourselves and through signposting to the extensive range offered through the SWIFT universal CPD programme
- Management of Secondary Professional Communities (formerly known as networks) - termly meetings led by experts from across the SWIFT partnership, where the focus is on providing updates on national and regional excellence, sharing local examples of effective practice, staging expert and practitioner inputs and curating and sharing resources
- Delivery Lead for the SWIFT Early Career Framework programme in partnership with Teach First, supporting Early Career Teachers (ECTs) across our Alliance
Who are we?
Jen Knowles is the Director of West Country Training School Alliance and has worked in Initial Teacher Training and the development of Early Career Teachers for the past 8 years. Jen completed her PGCE in Science at Exeter University and has taught at a number of rural and city schools across Devon, Torbay and Somerset, both state and Grammar in a number of roles including Advanced Skills Teacher and ITT coordinator. Jen is particularly passionate about high-quality CPD provision and support in both initial teacher education and for teachers in the early stages of their career.
Laura Maksymczuk is the administrator for the Training School and has been in post for 5 years. Laura is the first point of contact for all enquiries for the TSA including potential ITT trainees, schools and ECTs: firstname.lastname@example.org